We, along with the parents create an individualized care plan for each child based on observation of their natural routines. Teachers reinforce the babies’ development with disrupting their daily schedule. We are literally a home, away from home. The Tot Spot believes that the first years are the most important in enhancing the development of your infant.
Our baby room is always full of lights, music, laughter, and sensory objects. Providers offer tummy time and individual daily TLC. Our app enables parents to check in and see daily observations such as diaper changes and feedings. The app also allows instant messaging to have discussions with teachers and receive pictures throughout the day.
Families enrolled at The Tot Spot are therefore guaranteed:
- A secure, nurturing, and age-appropriate environment. In addition to being clean and secure, our infant room carefully designed to be aesthetically pleasing, playful, and comfortable. The playful atmosphere is enhanced by warm, gentle colors, music, and tactile toys; there are also plenty of “interactive” spaces, where baby can giggle at her reflection in the mirror or snuggle with us.
- Consistent, responsive caregiving. Our Fishers Day Care truly considers caring for each infant to be a privilege, and have a great respect for the parent partnership. We work hard to develop an individualized routine that works well for each child, to respond promptly to the babies’ changing needs, and to keep parents informed every step of the way! Daily reports accurately summarize all feedings, diaper changes, rest periods, and activity interests.
Individual attention and developmentally appropriate activities. We understand that early care and education go hand-in-hand, so smiles, songs, and snuggles are considered to be just as important as diaper changes and feedings! As our children grow, they are introduced to varied activities and materials that support their physical, social, and cognitive growth. Our curriculum provides countless resources, so you’ll find the babies happily engaged in…
- Dramatic Play/Make Believe
- Sensory Perception
- Language Development ( vocab, phrases, songs, sign language)
- Music and Movement
- Curiosity (understanding the world around them)
- Cognitive Math (special relationships, actions and reactions)
- Gross Motor Skill Development
- Fine Motor Skill Development
Age specific assessments will be filled out and discussed to provide the opportunity for parents and teachers to discuss goals for each child.